Jackson Hole’s Roadhouse Brewing Co. is rolling out another musical collaboration, this time with Denver band Dragondeer. They’ve teamed up to create Mountain Jam Vol. 7 (7.4% ABV), the latest in an ongoing series of musically-inspired brews. A double dry hopped Hazy IPA, Mountain Jam Vol. 7 will debut in Breckenridge the weekend of August 19-21 with a series of live music events, tap takeovers, and patio parties, including the release of Dragondeer’s new single, “Patient Boy.”
We checked in with Roadhouse Brewing co-founder Colby Cox to find out how this music and beer partnership came about.
How has music inspired Roadhouse Brewing and their beers?
I think beer and music have a symbiotic relationship and find music is an influencer of and a part of our brewing process. We derive creativity from the sensory of great sound, we love brewing with rhythm, and we find beer just tastes better when paired with a song, whether timeless or of-the-moment.
How did the Mountain Jam series get started?
The Mountain Jam series started in reverence to our passion and appreciation for music, and has evolved to a partnership where the bands we’re working with are participating in product development and we’re working together to incorporate their music into the brand. Getting to work with a band like Dragondeer on the newest edition of the Mountain Jam series is the purpose of the series fulfilled.
How did the collaboration with Dragondeer come about?
Beer and music complement each other to improve shared experiences, and a collaboration with a band (that rocks) for a beer (that jams) was a natural step for us. We were fans of Dragondeer’s music before we contacted them. After a meeting with the band and their label to talk through the program we felt that connection necessary for a good partnership and knew they were the band we wanted to partner with on this project. Fortunately, they felt the same way.
What was the process for creating the can art?
We collaborated with the band on the artwork, using an image of lead singer Eric Halborg as inspiration for the can and accompanying merchandise.
What events are planned around this beer release?
The official launch weekend takes place in Breckenridge, CO:
- Thursday, August 19th:
- North Side Pizza – Pint Night from 4pm – 6pm
- Friday, August 20th:
- Flip Side Burger – Pint Night, MJ7 and a mini tap takeover; 4-6pm
- Pour House – Pint Night and mini tap takeover alongside live music from Dragondeer; 6-8pm
- Saturday, August 21st:
- Breckenridge Tap House – Pint Night / MJ7 tapping / mini tap takeover / live music from Dragondeer; 4-6pm
- RMU — Dragondeer single release track party! Patio Party and tap takeover plus a meet & greet and mini set from Dragondeer; 9-11pm
- Sunday, August 22nd:
- Kenosha Steakhouse –Pint Night / MJ7 tapping / mini tap takeover; 2-5pm
- Cecilia’s – Pint Night & MJ7 tapping featuring Eric Halborg of Dragondeer spinning records; 8:30pm
You must be logged in to post a comment.