How did your interest in craft beer begin?
Moving to the west side of Orlando about 4 years ago brought me closer to a few breweries and introduced me to new friends who were always willing to grab a beer. Funny enough, Sweet Baby Jesus from DuClaw Brewing is my first check-in on Untappd. And it was a recommendation from a guy at a liquor store.
What are your favorite and least favorite beer styles?
My heart is always with porters and stouts, but during quarantine I’ve really come to love sours, goses, Berliner Weisse. IPAs are a tough one for me. I periodically try them to see if my tastebuds are evolving and I’m definitely getting more comfortable with hazy and juicy IPAs, but those traditional IPAs may just never be for me.
If you could only drink three beers for the rest of your life what would they be?
- Tactical Brewing Aztec Death Whistle white stout
- Orange Blossom Pilsner
- Ivanhoe Park Brewing Boom Boom Tiki sour
Tell us about a couple of your favorite craft beer Instagram accounts.
- @the_pintsized_traveler was really my gateway person to beer Instagram. She’s local to me and kind enough to teach this old dog some new tricks.
- @pour_a_vida always impresses me with his creative pics and glassware
Tell us about your favorite drinking buddy.
@themeparkbeer / Dave is a Disney pal of mine that really has become my brewery ride or die. If I duck out of work early, more often than not he will join me at a brewery. He’s got a heart of gold and is always there to push me to try new beers.
Tell us two truths and a lie about yourself.
- I’ve been arrested for illegal street racing
- My grandfather owned a Ford dealership
- I have older twin brothers